Friday 29 April 2016

Technology: the union between past and present

Hello everyone:
Today I'm going to speak about my favourite piece of technology: the external disc drive.
I chose it because I have lived a very sad situation. Two years ago, in March, someone entered to my house and stole almost all the electronic things (and other things) that were in there: cameras, TV, tablets, cellphones, and notebooks. The last object was the worst, because it had all the information related with my family, the school, the history of my indigenous community, my pets, my music and other things that were very important to me. That was terrible, I had lost everything! For this reason, the next month (in April), I decided to buy an external disc drive to support all the information that I wanted to save. My external disk drive is something like this picture:


Since that moment, I make a support once a week to update the new things that I've download.
Now that I'm in the University, I need to keep all the information related with my career: papers, new investigation in my favourite area, all the subject's plan, the books that I had to read for each subject, the power points of the class, my investigations and group works, etc. And all the things aside the university that I want to save: all the discography's band that I like, photographies, a lot of videos, movies, and of course, audiobooks and many books in PDF that I've read and that someday I hope to read.
I think I could live without it, but in case of a new steal, I couldn't recover all the information that I've held in this object, it have a sentimental value to me.  I hope you never have to live that situation :C

Well guys, I hope you have a good weekend.
See you next Friday!                            
 Regards

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I like your favorite technology, I use pendrive for save information or movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. always is useful have one!! :3

    ReplyDelete