Friday 22 April 2016

Surfing the web

Hi blogger:
Today I will tell how was my experience using: Tools of the Trade from Plataforma u chile.
Act 1:
In the web site http://www.overstock.com you cand find good offers, and wide range of objects.
For example, if you are searching for a good desktop computer, especially if you are a Gamer, CYBERPOWER PC Gamer Ultra GUA3000OS is made for you. It cost less than $800 (exactly $661,5). It have 1 terabyte of hard drive capacity, 3,8 gigahertz, very quickly for your games, and 1 year of warranty!
You can complement the desktop computer with a computer desk for less than $200. Comfort Products Rothmin Computer Desk has a modern design, and has places to put your CDs game or all that you want.

Act 2:
In an Internet Basics Quiz, I had 8 correct answers. I didn't know which is the best search tool for finding Web sites that have been handpicked and recommended by someone else, and what are the three main search expressions, or operators, recognized by Boolean logic. Now, I know it.

In the Internet Addiction Test (IAT) I got 26 points, therefore, my severity impairment index is NONE.


Act 3:
In the Gap-filling activity: the MP3 player, my score was 100%   :3
Act 4:
In the web: How Stuff Works, I choose the article: The Bones of Bioarchaeology.
1) I choose this article because I like the theme, is a very interesting topic, it combines Archaeology and Physical Anthropology.
2) Really, no, I thought I would find more information in the article related to recent discoveries.
3) I think is very interesting this information: ''corpses that wind up in very dry or very cold or airless locations may last for centuries with relatively little decay''. It explains the good condition of many mummies and graves.
4)   Swept: past form of sweep => extender,  barrer, arrastrar
      Flesh: carne
      Unravel: desenredar, desenmarañar
      Unearthing: desenterrar
      Thrived: prosperaron
      Suffered: sufrieron
      Upheaval: agitación
      Painstaking: meticuloso, cuidadoso
      Broad: amplio
      Scope: alcance
      Frigid: glacial, frío
      Centerpieces: pieza central
      Spots: sitio, lugar
      Depth: profundidad, a fondo
      Grounded: basado en

I hope you have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Uff an extended work! The bioarchaeology area is so interesting and complicated. I would like know more of that. How the location of site have influence in archaeology material? Good topic and job dude. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Computer Desk c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mary, I like your article and the Bioarchaeology :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upheaval that is a very interesting word, is the first time that i heard it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upheaval that is a very interesting word, is the first time that i heard it

    ReplyDelete