Sunday 26 June 2016

A musical-fantasy movie: 'Imaginaerum' (2012)

Hi blogger:
This time I must talk about movies. yeyy!! I like see movies, series and short films of different genres, from adventure, science fiction, drama, and crime to surreal fiction, historical, etc. The only genres I don't like (they tired me) are romantic and actual horror films (I prefer  the classics: Frankenstein, Dracula, Nosferatu, etc)
The last movie I enjoyed watching was Imaginaerum. I saw it one month ago in my house, alone. I was sick and rested in my bed, listen music and watching a documentary of Nightwish called: Please Learn The Setlist In 48 Hours”, when they talk about a film that they made where Tuomas (the leader of the band) was the co-writer of the history and the composer of the music, so it caught my attention and I decided to search and see it.
It is a Finnish-Canadian production of musical fantasy made in 2012 by director Stobe Harju, and written by him and Tuomas Holopainen. The history is very sad, is about an old man who was a great musician but now is in coma, and he has fantasies of his childhood where he fight with phantoms of his past, and with Alzheimer/dementia, trying to remember his daughter :'C
About the actors, I really don't know anything about them, I only know that Tuomas acts like adult Tom (the principal character), and the rest of the band appear in the musician scenes where they play.
The film was based in the Nightwish's album with the same name: Imaginaerum, published in 2011.

I enjoyed the movie by the music and the history, I like the way the film capture the fantasies of a demential minds, and how the family and friends (in real life) suffer with this condition. 
I hope you search  the movie and enjoy it as I did. I put the trailer.
Have a nice day!
  

5 comments:

  1. hi!
    I did not know about that film... just saw the trailer and it looks good, personally i like so much the movies with ragdolls characters. Have a good mondayyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. woow i will see this movie, i heard about this movie but I have not seen, definitely is on my list xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is a movie very interesting, I hope to see someday. Have a good day, Regards :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit that I don´t like film of this type, but too I must admit that this film I find interesting. I could consider

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds good, I'm thinking in see it the next time

    ReplyDelete