Saturday 2 July 2016

Planning a fictitious trip to London

Hi again!
The last work in the class was make a planning of a group trip to London.  Of course it was fiction, I have no money for this :C  but I would like to go to London.
In the activity, we had to choose one or two destinations to visit every day for a week. For this, I considered elements such proximity and opening times of the places to visit. I think this activity wasn't so difficult to me because I am very structured and I like have a plan of things to do or places to visit when I go somewhere, and I always use maps (in pictures or drawn in a piece of paper). I must admit that I used to argue with my boyfriend when I went out with him to some place and he didn't know how to get to the destination xD Now, together we search the directions before leaving home.
In my opinion, the activity was an excellent tool because it teaches us to use the internet for something very quotidian as the search for an address or plan a trip to somewhere, so this is important for the useful in daily life. 
Picture of the Natural History Museum, London

 

I read a little about every place to visit, and the place that caught my attention and now I am hopeful to go someday, is the Natural History Museum... why? because its architecture (is a wonderful building),  by its collection: it has specimens collected by Charles Darwin!!, and because it is known as the great centre of natural history and investigation. It also has a ''Crime Scene Live'' where you can be an investigator and solve a crime of a murder mystery. I would like to do this activity, I think I'd enjoy it.



About a place I wouldn't like to visit... mmm.. I think the Madame Tussaud, because it is a wax museum, it has mainly famous people, and I don't care famous people, I wouldn't pay for entry and take a picture with a wax figure, not with the real people.

 

There are other place I would like to go in 
London: The Sherlock Holmes Museum, in Baker Street. I've read all the stories of this fictional detective created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and I would like to go and see how this writer thought the house of Sherlock and Watson, see some objects that are mentioned in all the short stories, and try to recreate this character.


I let you one video of this museum:


I hope you are fine and have a nice weekend.

8 comments:

  1. OHHHG!!! the sherlock museum seems fascinating (with wax figures?!) and yes, maps are important in the life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this museum has wax figures but they are about characters of the stories of Sherlock Holmes, they really didn't exist, different to the Madame Tussaud

      Delete
  2. I also love Sherlock Holmes,so, I would like to visit The Sherlock Holmes Museum, in Baker Street someday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the places that you describe! I would like so much visit The Sherlock Holmes Museum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the natural history museum too :D
    and I like your blog :3 I like your pictures c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the natural history museum too :D
    and I like your blog :3 I like your pictures c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too, I don´t have money, but I would like to visit London, and visit the natural history museum :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow the Sherlock Holmes museum that is fantastic, i hope go someday!!!

    ReplyDelete