Thursday 15 December 2016

The last post for English course

Hello Bloggers
This is the last post of the English course, and we have to talk about English.


In my experience, learning English at university is very different to learn English at school, because in my School my teachers used to focus in the grammatical area, and a little in the reading, but not too much in writing, speaking and listening. So as you can see, the learning at university is more focus in the practical area, more speaking, more writing.
The use of the blogs is a good tool to practise the writing, specially when we choose the theme that we want to speak because we could write and write many hours about this.

I think I need to improve more in listening, because I have problems to hear in my own mother language, and is more difficult in other; and speaking because I can't speak fluently, and pronounce well all the words. Also, I need to know more words and more vocabulary because sometimes I don't know what is the meaning of some word, or I can't explain something because I forgot a word or I don't know how do you say the word in English. That is bad, and I know that the best way to improve, is practising, but I don't have a person to talk in English, so sometimes I speak with myself in English, just like a game.

Really, outside the class I use English every day, specially in my music, although I have a too many songs in other languages, English is the most used. Now I'm taking song lessons, and the teacher asks us to sing songs in English. Also, I remove the subtitles in Spanish of the movies and change to English to practise the listening.  At University, in some subject is obligatory read books in English, and they aren't usually short lecture, so it takes more time to read in English than in Spanish, but I know that with these books, you can know more words related to your career. Last time, I've bought some books written in English about some theme that I like (crime, fantasy, etc) to read in the summer, so I'm anxious and expect to the summer vacation because I'll spend my free time reading books.

Goodbye Folks

5 comments:

  1. Hi!! I think that is a good idea to read some book because you learn more English and I like that you change the Spanish subtitles for subtitles in English is a good idea for practice your listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mari!
    Oww, is a good idea read book in English that your like for learn and improve vocabulary in English, you can learn more words :3
    I think make same that you :3
    I hope that you are well and your have to good end of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you learning English at university is very different to learn English at school and the blogs are very funny and an interesting form to learn more
    and like you I listen to a lot of music in English

    ReplyDelete
  4. asdfghjklsdfghjk it's funny read that you have problems with spanish sdfghjkf. My songs are in English too, and watch series in English is really good, that helped me a lot years ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that read books in english is a good form to practice and improved your vocabulary

    ReplyDelete